Read the terms and conditions for the Cycling Brisbane Survey - Electric Bike competition.
- These terms and conditions set out all of the information regarding the Brisbane City Council – Cycling Brisbane Survey – Electric Bike competition (the Terms and Conditions)
- The promoter of this competition is Brisbane City Council ABN 72 002 765 795, whose principal offices are at Brisbane Square, 266 George Street, Brisbane (Council). |
- Information on how to participate in this competition forms part of these Term and Conditions.
- Participation in this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The competition period: This competition opens at 9am Australian Eastern Standard time (AEST) on Monday 8 March 2021 and closes at 4pm AEST on Friday 9 April 2021.
- Prize: There is one prize valued at approximately $2930 available to be won for this competition consisting of:
a) one Lafree E+2 electric bike;
b) an accessories pack including a lock, lights, panniers, battery charger bag; and
c) Platinum Bike Service offered by the Prize provider, Giant Ashgrove.
Any additional expenses incurred by the Prize winner, other than those outlined in these Terms and Conditions, are the responsibility of the Prize winner. The Prize is not exchangeable or transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The Prize itself may be subject to the specific terms and conditions of the Prize provider.
- Eligibility: To be eligible to enter this competition a person must:
a) be at least 16 years of age;
b) not be an employee or contracted staff of Council; and
c) be a resident living in the City of Brisbane.
d) be signed up as a member of Cycling Brisbane at https://www.cyclingbrisbane.com.au
Council may request photographic evidence from the entrant which shows the entrant’s age and residential address to confirm their eligibility. Failure to provide such evidence upon request will deem an entry ineligible.
- How to Enter: To enter this competition, entrants must fully complete the online entry form found at
Entrants can only enter the competition once, and all subsequent entries from the same entrant will be deemed invalid.
Council reserves the right in its sole discretion to deem an entry ineligible if it considers that an online entry form has been inappropriately completed.
- Competition draw: The winner of the competition will be the first eligible entry randomly drawn by a Council officer at 9am AEST on Friday 16 April 2021. The decision of that officer shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winner notification: The Prize winner will be notified via mobile phone or email by a Council officer by 12pm on Monday 19 April 2021 (Winner Notification).
- Prize claim: To claim the Prize, the winner must follow the direction of the Council officer as provided in the Winner Notification.
The winner must claim the Prize from Giant Ashgrove, 498 Waterworks Road, Ashgrove QLD 4060 by 4pm AEST on Sunday 30 May 2020 (the Prize Claim Date).
If the Prize is not claimed by the Prize Claim Date, Council will redraw the winner until a contactable winner has been located and the Prize is claimed.
- No liability of Council: Council accepts no responsibility whatsoever for late, misplaced, lost or ineligible entries. Council makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of the Prize. To the extent permitted by law, Council is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury sustained in connection with the entry into the competition, or acceptance or use of the Prize. This paragraph is not intended to exclude any liability which cannot be excluded under Australian consumer protection laws. Any such liability is limited to the resupply of the Prize.
- Important - Copyright and privacy consent: By entering this competition, the entrant consents to:
a) their name (in whole or in part) being acknowledged as the author of their response to the question for completion on the entrant’s online entry form “what trip do you currently do by car that you could replace with a trip on an electric bike?” in any media and within any material, promotional or otherwise relating to or arising out of Council’s Cycling Brisbane Program (or a variation of that question);
b) Council reproducing, to the extent that the reproductions relate to Council’s Cycling Brisbane Program, the response to the question on the entrant’s online entry form with or without acknowledgement of the entrant;
c) their personal information being collected, stored and used by Council for the purpose of this competition and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions; and
d) their personal information being collected, stored and used for the purpose of becoming a member of the Cycling Brisbane Program run by Council (if they are not a registered member already).
- Force Majeure: If for any reason the competition is not capable of running as planned (including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of Council), which corrupts or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, Council reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
In the case of the intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders its determination, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes; Council may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions.
- Council reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time and to cancel or amend the competition at any time without notice.